Gas Fired Heater Sheath
Morgan Advanced Materials' Molten Metal Systems business has developed a heater sheath and gas diverter system using advanced bonding technology for use in zinc melting and holding processes.
Our heater sheath is manufactured using a high pressure isostatic press to form the carbon bonded silicon carbide material into a consistent high quality product. The sheath is then further treated to give a very high resistance to oxidation and extended service life. The properties obtained provide zinc melters and galvanizers, using gas fired immersion heater furnaces, with a cost effective consumable which reduces maintenance and downtime.
- Sheath in wear resistant silicon carbide for long life.
- High pressure isostatic press manufacture.
- Treated for additional anti-oxidation properties.
- Superior erosion resistance.
- High resistance to chemical erosion.
- Excellent thermal shock resistance.
- High mechanical strength.
- High consistent density.
- Sheath and diverter from single source supplier.
- Long life for reduced cost.