Alpha crucibles are rib formed clay - graphite crucibles which have been developed with a specific modified electrical resistivity which optimises the coupling power of the crucible and avoids the risk of overheating.
They are suitable for all furnace systems of non-ferrous metal alloys and precious metals. These have been developed with a specific modified electrical
resistivity which optimises the coupling power of the crucible and avoids the risk of overheating.
Alpha Typical Metal Casting Temperature
400°C - 1400°C (752°F - 2552°F)
- High refractoriness ensures perfect applications for holding furnaces where maintaining metal temperature without leading to heat loss
- Good resistance to chemical corrosion ensures application in the most aggressive of environments
- Good thermal shock resistance
- High mechanical strength guarantees robust usage
- Good oxidation resistance
Alpha crucibles are coloured black.
Alpha crucibles are available in a comprehensive range of shapes and sizes to suit most end user requirements. Custom sizes can be supplied by special request.
Alpha crucibles are manufactured from premium grade raw materials under an ISO 9001:2008 quality management system.
For more information, contact us today