Salamander® Plumbago launders are suitable for use in all molten metal transfer systems, including spout, furnace to ladle and ladle to furnace.
The range includes profile shapes suitable for applications including:
- Cupola (teapot) spout designed for use with a casting ladle. The non-wetting properties of the clay graphite help to reduce slag build-up, minimising cleaning required.
- Deep profile for operations where the flow of metal is greater. This design ensures the molten metal is contained.
- Large profile ideal for long-service life molten metal transfer applications such as ladle to furnace or furnace to ladle in high volume foundries.
- Low maintenance - high resistance pre-fired shapes are robust in operation.
- Good metal flow - non-wetting properties of clay graphite minimise cleaning requirement.
- Sizes and profiles suitable for most molten metal transfer systems.
Salamander® Plumbago launders are denoted by the prefix N3.
Launders are available in a range of standard profiles and lengths to suit different applications and custom sizes can be made to suit the customer’s needs.
Our Salamander® Plumbago products are made from premium grade raw materials under ISO 9001:2015 quality management system.